Sunday, May 20, 2007

Ordered Credit Report and Charts for Energy

Late last week, I ordered my free report from one of the three major credit rating agencies to verify I wasn't a victim of identity theft.

In addition to 20 hours of practice for next week's trip during the World Series of Poker, I was going through the weekly charts after options expiration. As casy's thoughts of "I ain't buying no sissy retail" and "energy" run through my head, I noticed I was only looking at energy. I also have in the back of my mind of what the ladies were saying about retail so perhaps August might be a better time to look at them, when college and high school students return for the fall.

Anyway, for the here and now, since I'm looking for opportunities for extra money on the 7% cash position, here's what I was charting:

TSO, ALJ, PCZ, FTO, TPP, CLB, LUFK, TESO, DRQ, GRP, NOV, OII, GMRK, OMNI, CAM, BJS, BTJ, HP, UNT, RIG

The ones that caught me eye were NOV, RIG, CLB, and OMNI.

Now NOV is on the IBD 100 so be mindful, however, the other point it is near the $100 price point. I remember a point from Livermore that when stocks reach the $100 price point for the first time, if the move is for real, the price will continue to rise on momentum alone.

OMNI is one of the ladies' small cap energy picks from earlier this year. It's recently broken out of a base pattern.

Knowing my tendency, I probably will look at NOV and RIG first, and if I can't decide, will go off the board with TPP for its 6.2% dividend.

No comments: